CRAFTING WHEN WE CAN CHALLENGES

Followers

Sunday 21 February 2016

Crafting When We Can Challenges #113 - Use a digital stamp

Over at Crafting When We Can Challenges we have a new sponsor in Nikki from
Melonheadz Illustrating
Button

The prize is 1 Bundle from the store

Theme is Use a digital stamp
    
The DT were given a choice of a bundle of images from the store.  I chose Bugs.  I thought this could be used for many different projects.  I chose to make a banner by using all 14 images, boy is it long.  I can't find a place big enough in the house to hang it up.  I will make it into 2 banners and take another photo when the light gets better or it stops raining and I can hang it on the washing line.  I used a watercolour back ground from CraftArtist and then I had to 'paint' the inside of the images white as they were line drawings you could see the background through the images.  Once I did this I printed them out onto card and cut a V shape into the bottom to add a bit of interest.  I really enjoyed making this and the images were so easy to colour.  The other project I was thinking of was upcycling a baby cardboard book and sticking the images on to the pages.  Or printing the images onto printable cotton and making a baby quilt from them.  The ideas just keep coming from these images.  Anyhoo here is the really bad pictures of the project.  Will update as soon as I can.

This is a montage of the images I used on the banner.

Hop over to CWWCC and leave us your "digital stamp" projects.  As you can see it doesn't have to be a card.


CHALLENGES

Addicted to Stamps #181 - Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps Challenge 91 - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations Feburary - Anything Goes
SweetStamps February - Anything but a Card
Simply Papercraft Challenges 23 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Gina said...

Oh wow!!! What a fantastic project...even the mosquito looks suer cute :D XXX

Lynne K said...

What a fabulous project! I like your idea for using the images to alter a baby book, but as you say, they could be used for many different things. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations for our February challenge.

Lynne

Robin said...

This is too cute Poppet! I love all these bugs and that banner is fabulous! Hugs, Robin

Rahmat said...

Lovely, these would be perfect for a preschool classroom too, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

brenda said...

Such a sweet collection of images and you have made them into super bunting, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Mandy LaCroix said...

WOW! This is amazing! I can't imagine how long this took you! It's adorable, too. :)
Thanks for sharing it over at the ATSM blog!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a cute banner, I love the little bugs. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous banners and love all the bugs---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts-Carol DT x

Sami said...

Super creative idea I love it!